SURVIVING MEMBER CERTIFICATE (SMC)
LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE OR SURVIVOR MEMBER CERTIFICATE
Surviving member certificate is also known as a survivor certificate or legal heir certificate is issued by the Revenue Department of a State to identify the actual legal heirs of a deceased person. The legal heir certificate consists of details like name, age, relationship with the deceased, and marital status of all surviving family members.
Purpose of Survivor Certificate:
A survivor certificate/legal heir certificate/surviving member certificate identifies the rightful successor who then, can claim the assets/properties of the deceased person. All eligible successors must possess this certificate to lay a claim over the deceased person’s property.
A Legal Heir Certificate is Required for the following Purpose:
- For transferring properties and assets of the demised person to his successors.
- For claiming insurance.
- To receive dues such as provident fund, gratuity, etc from the Government
- For sanctioning and processing the family pension of the deceased employee.
- To receive salary arrears of the deceased, state, or central Government employee.
- To gain employment based on compassionate appointments.
Difference Between Survivor Certificate & Succession Certificate:
A survivor certificate/surviving member certificate/legal heir certificate is different from a succession certificate. A succession certificate is issued by the civil court and a survivor certificate/surviving member certificate/legal heir certificate is issued by the revenue department of a state and the procedure for issuance of both is also different.
Documents Required for Surviving Member Certificate
In order to obtain a survivor certificate/legal heir certificate/surviving member certificate, the following is the list of documents required:
- Application form.
- Date of Birth proof of Applicant (Passport or Driving Licence).
- Address proof of the applicant and other Legal Heirs of the family member.
- Passport size photograph of all legal heirs/surviving members of the family.
- Death certificate of the deceased person.
- Passport size photograph of the deceased person.
- Address proof of deceased person.
QUICK NAME CHANGE SERVICE IN DELHI:
REASONS FOR NAME CHANGE
- Error in Birth Certificate
- Error in school certificate
- Name change after marriage by women
- Name change after divorce for women
- Spelling error name and surname
- For adoption of child
- Name change if religion is changed
- For other official purposes and wrongly written in official records
- Dissatisfaction with name (not happy with name)
- Numerology reasons.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR NAME CHANGE IN DELHI
- Either husband
- Family member anyone can change his or her name at any stage of life
SERVICE WE PROVIDE IN NAME CHANGE IN DELHI
- You can change the full name
- You can correct the spelling of your name
- Surname add in your name.
STEPS IN NAME CHANGE PROCEDURE
Firstly you need to make an affidavit for name change in local notary. You have to mention the reason for name change in affidavit alongwith applicant details such as your husband’s/father’s name, address and age proof etc.
TYPES OF AFFIDAVIT :-
1. Affidavit for change of name AFTER MARRIAGE:
The affidavit is used for those who want to change their name after marriage.
2. Affidavit for change of name for MINOR:
The affidavit needs to be filled in case of change of name in minor. The affidavit needs to be presented by the parents or guardians.
3. Affidavit for change of name on the PASSPORT.
The affidavit is used in case of change of name on a passport due to spelling mistake or change in surname after marriage.
PUBLICATION IN NEWSPAPER
The next step is publication in Newspaper. You need to publish news of your name change advertisement in two local newspapers.
OFFICIAL GAZETTE OF INDIA
Now you have to publish the name change notification in the Gazette of India.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED OF NAME CHANGE
- Name change affidavit.
- Publish newspaper advertisement
- Notification in the government gazette
- Need your old name ID (Adhaar card, voter card, pan card, etc.)
- Digital signature CD
Request A Consultation
Contact for Surviving Member
Gupta & Associates offers surviving member certificate services in Delhi/NCR exclusively. We provides best legal advice in surviving member certification process. Our experienced lawyers Mrs. Sumita Gupta & Mrs. Shikha Gupta are main key contact for the service in Delhi/NCR.
Call now to our family lawyers for free consultation:
Mrs. Sumita Gupta: +91 98105 86552
Mrs. Shikha Gupta: +91 79825 50942
Gupta & Associates
Chamber No. P-27, Post Office Lane,
Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi 110054
Mon to Sat: 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Sun: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM (By Appointment)